What's the thought that pops into your head when you see this packet? Is it:

(a)"Mmm, what a delicious looking savoury snack item!"
(b)"What exactly is the target demographic for this product?"
(c)"Why are they selling cat treats in the savoury aisle?"
(d)"Oh that's right, I had to pick up some dried fish twigs for the children".
Just asking.
I would like to be able to recommend these Dried Fish Fillet sticks, I really would. I went in with less than sky high expectations myself, which proved a pretty good idea. In fact if anything, they were worse than I had expected.
For starters, they are not crunchy fish sticks so much as droopy fish slivers. They pretty much taste like bits that have been scraped off a fish and very lightly toasted. I didn't finish the whole pack. I reckon that more palate acclimatization is required before I could tackle these chaps again, but am sure they have a loyal and enthusiastic following around these parts. Personally, I am never going to try these things again... (unless I am invited to some manner of hellish Malaysian dinner party where a clump of these yellowish sticks are drooping limply out of a bowl, a cat circling them hesitantly...) unlikely though. As I was saying, although I will never try them again, You Definitely Should!
No comments:
Post a Comment