Saturday, 10 August 2013

Kuala Lumpur Top Ten: Petronas Towers
































The Petronas Towers, the money shot for all budding photographers in K.L.  In a city of skyscrapers, the towers still cut an imposing figure against the skyline.  For about 4 or 5 years it/they was/were the tallest building in the world until Taipei came along and balanced another couple of stories on an even more ludicrously elevated structure.


And if standing on the surface of the planet like a sensible human being is not enough for you, you can go at least some of the way up said edifices.  The walkway you can see in the photos connects the towers at the 41st floor.  Apparently part of the movie 'Entrapment' was filmed there but I haven't seen it so can't confirm that.  Reviews weren't great.  Anyway, if you are feeling more adventurous you can keep going right the way up to 86 and take some photos from there to put on your facebook page, or whatever you do with your photos.  I don't want to know.




I stayed on the ground.  Not great with heights.  


Good-looking buildings though.


No comments:

Post a Comment