| Happy New Year Cyberjaya |
In fact Putrajaya throws quite the party to mark the year end. Big Malaysian Bank are sponsoring a (to me at least) staggeringly large concert running from 8.30pm to 1.00am. Dato' M. Nasir, Soo Wincci and Dato' Jamal Abdillah will all be performing (amongst others), but I'm afraid I'm just not down with the kids these days so can't tell you much about them.
Okay I got curious, and checked youtube:
M. Nasir has some pretty jaunty tunes, accompanied by a decent sized orchestra/band. Not bad. Soo Wincci is a ballad girl, hint of Eurovision slow song about her. And Mr Abdillah is more of a folky trad rock sort of a dude.Anyway if you don't like the music there will be dancers, drummers, and stalls selling all manner of food and drink (though probably not alcohol...). And of course fireworks at the stroke of midnight, which you will be able to see from lakeside in Cyberjaya.
The staggering part, as far as I'm concerned, is the fact that over 500,000 people are expected. That's half a million people! (Resident Population of Putrajaya: 72,000.)
So get there early if you want to get a spot near the stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment