Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Giant Prehistoric Creature Terrorizes Local Resident!

 This, my friends, is what the locals would refer to as a 'small' Monitor lizard.  And as they can grow to up to a couple of metres long, this is technically correct. 

However, speaking as someone who has only seen a reptile of this size either in a zoo or on a television, it is quite large enough for my liking.


I have been reliably informed that although they are not venomous, when they bite you 'they won't let go', conjuring up images of flailing about in agony with a 2 foot lizard attached to one's arm while passers by try to smother their guffaws.  As the photographs of this chap were taken by your intrepid cameraman from the other side of a locked window, the scenario as outlined above was never likely to materialize in this case.  Still it just shows you, even in carefully manicured Cyberjaya, you can't legislate for wildlife.  

I saw a snake here last week, but as it was an uneventful encounter and I didn't have a camera, I won't go on about it here, so just look at another photo of the lizard instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment