Sunday, 17 November 2013

This Is What It Sounds Like, When Frogs Cry

They probably aren't really crying.  In fact, these guys sound quite cheerful as you can hear in the video below.

When I first heard these frogs, my initial thought was that a variety of Malaysian Elk had somehow wandered into a storm drain.  Realising that this was nonsensical, I then mused that perhaps cows were smaller here and had chosen the drains as a grazing spot.  I'll be honest with you and admit that the natural world is not my field of expertise.


Suffice to say that I had never heard amphibians making this kind of a ruckus before, so take a listen and see what you think of this particular frog chorus, recorded after a downfall of rain.  If nothing else, I guarantee that they sound better than Paul McCartneys song of the same name.





No comments:

Post a Comment